Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Earthquake!!!













After feeling the last BIG earthquake on April 6th that was a 7.2 magnitude which totally freaked me the heck out! I started thinking about how many after shocks and smaller earthquakes I have felt since then, apparently there is alot of information that I did not know about earthquakes, so I went to this website and learned that there can be as many as 1600 in one day. In fact I just felt one about 5 minutes ago that's why I am posting this...Sometimes we have to remember how really small we are and for me the earth moving beneath my feet really does the trick. I feel like a granule of insignificance every time an earthquake happens. and i f you want to learn more go here and you can see the recent earthquake activity to the minute along with helpful information on the frequency and where all the activity is:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/eqstats.php

No comments:

Post a Comment