Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Invisalign Journey....

As most of my friends and family know I started my journey towards a better smile with Invisalign in February. I am now on my 7th tray and will be on my 8th soon. It has been great thus far, except for the time it has added onto my day. I start out each morning wake up have coffee (with trays in) then right before I am ready to eat take them out, put them in effordent for dentures (haha) and leave them to soak for about 15 minutes. Then I proceed to eat my breakfast, get dressed, floss, brush, brush my Invisalign and reinstall the suckers back into my mouth. This process has to be done three times a day and has added on 45 minutes to my regular regimen. I spoke with a friend today that mentioned his co-worker had started braces (regular train track type) too and would be wearing them for 2 years and was in alot of pain from the tightening and rubbing against his gums. So then I thought it's not really that bad, I am really lucky not really ever am I in any pain, and I quite look forward to the changing of the trays (which is usually when they are the tightest) because I can feel my teeth are moving. Sometimes now and then I will get a mild headache but nothing excrutiating. Once I am onto my 10th tray in about a month I will be a third of the way through. Every day I wonder what my smile will end up looking like, will it look great or not? We will have to see....

No comments:

Post a Comment