Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Paul Mitchel Awapuhi Wild Ginger System Review

So as you all know I did the Brazilian Blowout on my own hair a couple months ago. And since there were some health issues that ensued I decided to not do the treatment anymore on myself or on any of my clients because of the risks. So now that it has started to wear off of my hair, the texture has started to seem dry and a bit haylike, I thought I would try some other new products to see what they would do. First off I am a licensed Cosmotologist and I do try a lot of products on my own hair before recommending them or using them on clients. I had heard some buzz about the new Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Essentials Luxury Care for Dry, Damaged Hair Kit  from reading about it online. The keratin that is in it is not the same (formaldehyde) Keratin that is in other treatments. It actually is harvested from sheeps wool (the sheep are not harmed in any way)and then infused into the product emulating the same keratin that is in our own hair so no formaldehyde, thank goodness!. It repairs the damage that has been done from chemical services, sun damage, frequent blow drying, curling and flat ironing your hair by sealing the damaged sites. There is a whole line of the Awapuhi Ginger system, but the most important would be the Keratriplex Treatment. This is a two step process where the first step which is an ampule is applied at the bowl, it is a concentrated keratin protein that will stay on for 5 minutes not rinsed out. Then step two is a Keratin Intensive Repair Treatment which will then be applied to towel dried hair and then put under a warm dryer for ten minutes. The Keratin Intensive Treatment will also be used as an at home tool a couple times a week after you shampoo for added repair. So far I have done the Keratriplex Treatment on myself and used the products and my hair feels wonderful! It's really shiny and soft considering all of the hot irons I use on it, and it seems to be getting shinier every day I  have been getting a lot of compliments on my hair since I have started the system. I definately would recommend this treatment for everyone This would be a great system to purchase also because it prevents color fade by 67% improves shine by 35% and reduces breakage by 80% and it's sulfate free.
Get it HERE Paul Mitchel Kit

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing BKTs on my gray colored hair for 3 years. BKT makes my hair too pin straight and lack volume. Like you, my hair is straw when the BKT runs out. I'm glad this doesn't straighten the hair. How long would you say the treatment lasts? I'll be happy if it lasts a least a couple weeks. How often do you do this treatment? leelovellvogt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it lasts a while, a month or more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it lasts a while, a month or more?

    ReplyDelete